CRM in the Cloud
Gartner predicts that by 2012, enterprise resource planning (ERP) suite vendors will offer suite components in Cloud Computing to achieve the best of both worlds, and by 2015, all applications will have some provisioning based on Cloud Computing.
Why be interested in the Cloud?
- Lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
- No maintenance and enhancement
- Less hardware, fewer technicians, etc.
- Pay only for what you use
- More users = lower cost
- Less need for services
- Reduce Risk
- Operating expense (opex) versus a large capital expense (capex) up front
- Industry Specific Applications
- Add-on applications and functions only when needed
- Flexibility and Scalability
- Use 1,000 computers for one hour
- BOM, MRP, ECO, simulations
- Time to Value
What to Expect:
- Work out of the box
- Do what it says it will do
- Cost less
- No need for customizations
Total Software Revenue Forecast for SaaS Delivery within the Enterprise Application Software Markets: