Many on-premise CRM vendors like Sage Saleslogix are now offering a cloud option. Companies who want an in-house solution usually ignore these options. Here are a couple of reasons why you should consider a cloud offering.
Is there a way to set the Opportunity defaults for all users in SalesLogix? A client recently wanted to change the default estimated close date for new opportunities in SalesLogix to 1 month from 2 months. The Tools -> Manage -> Opportunity Defaults menu item was disabled for all users, so they needed a way to update everyone at the same time.
Entrepreneur.com has an article up on 5 Simple Ways to Show Customers You Care:
- Share Your Knowledge
- Ask, Listen, Respond, Adapt
- Reward Customers
- Hold a Customer Appreciation Event
- Do Good
It's a great article and I recommend you check out. Here is my take on how you can apply these points to your own business.
1. Sharing Your Knowledge. Social CRM is here. As has always been the case, with it you can manage your e-mail newsletters. You can now also manage your incoming and outgoing Social CRM communications with applications such as Twitter or Facebook.
Crmbuyer.com has a story up on CRM for the small business, specifically on when to invest. There is some good information in there.
We recently had a request to capture the changes made to a grid on an Opportunity Tab in SalesLogix. The three items requiring capture were:
- Any time a record was deleted
- Any time a record was added edited via an Add Edit Form
- Any time a check box in the grid was checked or unchecked
Leads in SalesLogix that were converted into an Account/Contact can be tracked in three ways.
The first and easiest way to track Leads in SalesLogix is in the Account and Contact Notes/History Tabs. Both the Account and Contact in SalesLogix will have a history item of type note inserted for the user that performed the conversion. The Description will be Lead Conversion Notes, which can be used in a group query to create a list of Accounts or Contacts that have been converted from a Lead. The History notes will also contain the converted date and converted by information, as well as other information if it was filled out in the Lead Detail section.